Brisbane today confirmed their 18-man squad for the knock-out Final, with the final starting team and X-Factor players named at the bat flip.
The Gabba last hosted a BBL Final in BBL|06 when the Sydney Sixers won a Super Over thriller over the Heat.
Pace bowler Mark Steketee was named today in the BBL Team of the Tournament as chosen by the eight BBL coaches, continuing a breakout summer that also saw him selected for the first time in the Australian Test squad to tour South Africa next month.
Steketee is the second leading wicket-taker in the competition with 22 wickets.
Brisbane Heat captain Chris Lynn goes into the match, having scored 420 runs so far, the most in a single BBL season for the club. He is currently the third highest runs-scorer in the tournament.
The previous best tally of 397 runs was scored by Luke Pomersbach in the Heat's BBL|02 championship campaign.
Lynn also became the first Heat player to score five half centuries during a BBL season with his 50 against the Perth Scorchers on Tuesday.
The Strikers have won their past three clashes against the Heat including earlier this month when an Alex Carey century propelled them to an emphatic win at Adelaide Oval.
Gates open at 4.30pm tomorrow. Ticket sales have been brisk, with almost 13,000 sold in the first 24 hours.
KFC BBL|10 FINALS SCHEDULE
- Friday, January 29: ‘The Eliminator’, Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers, the Gabba, 6:15pm AEST / 7:15pm AEDT
- Saturday, January 30: ‘The Qualifier’, Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers, Manuka Oval, 7:15pm AEDT
- Sunday, January 31: ‘The Knockout’, Sydney Thunder v winner of The Eliminator, Manuka Oval, 7:15pm AEDT
- The winner of The Qualifier will earn the right to host the KFC BBL|10 Final on Saturday, February 6.
- The loser of The Qualifier will receive a second chance to make the Final, taking on the winner of The Knockout on Thursday, February 4. This match is known as The Challenger.
Brisbane Heat Squad
19. Xavier Bartlett
7. James Bazley
15. Joe Burns
17. Max Bryant
26. Tom Cooper
16. Joe Denly (Eng)
48. Lewis Gregory (Eng)
5. Sam Heazlett
30. Matthew Kuhnemann
33. Marnus Labuschagne
55. Ben Laughlin
50. Chris Lynn (c)
65. Morne Morkel
8. Lachy Pfeffer
59. Jimmy Peirson
6. Mark Steketee
4. Mitch Swepson
24. Jack Wildermuth