Brisbane Heat General Manager Andrew McShea and Bikash Randhawa, Chief Operating Officer at Village Roadshow Theme Parks, announced the partnership at Warner Bros. Movie World.
The new sponsorship complements the Brisbane Heat’s recently announced three-year commitment to play BBL matches at Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast, and will feature Village Roadshow Theme Parks branding on the sleeves of the men’s playing shirts this season.
McShea, flanked by Warner Bros. superhero character Batman and the Heat’s own ‘batman’ Chris Lynn, welcomed the addition of Australia's largest theme park operator to Brisbane’s sponsorship array, alongside principal partner CUA, Betta Home Living and National Storage.
“Village Roadshow Theme Parks are leaders in world class family entertainment and as the Brisbane Heat, that is certainly something we strive to deliver each summer in the BBL,’’ he said.
“We’re looking forward to working with the team at Village Roadshow on a range of joint promotions and offers for Heat fans as well as a few really exciting surprises at our home games at the Gabba and at Metricon Stadium during the summer holidays,’’ McShea said.
Village Roadshow Theme Parks Chief Operating Officer, Bikash Randhawa said he was excited about the partnership announcement and the synergy between the brands.
“The Brisbane Heat are such an exciting entertainment brand and I believe that together we can offer fans of the BBL a world class entertainment experience at matches to deliver the best summer of cricket yet.
“At our theme parks we pride ourselves on giving our guests a world class entertainment experience and we look forward to bringing some of this magic to the BBL,” Randhawa said.
The sponsorship with the Heat extends across all of Village Roadshow Theme Parks on the Gold Coast, featuring Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, Paradise Country, Australian Outback Spectacular, Top Golf and Sea World Resort & Water Park, a 402-room hotel adjacent to Sea World.
Lynn, said he was already a fan of the partnership and eagerly anticipating the chance to play additional home games on the Gold Coast.
“I like my golf and Topgolf already puts a smile on my face when I drive one down the middle, but what also puts a smile on my face is walking out onto the Gabba to see my mates, the families, the kids and all who support the Heat and enjoy the BBL, so to have this partnership now is great,’’ he said.
“As much as I love playing at the Gabba, I’m really keen to test out the Gold Coast and see what it has to offer. We always have plenty of supporters come up from the Coast and so it will be exciting to play at Metricon Stadium and hopefully grab a few more home wins there to top it off.”
“I’m pretty pumped to be in the same team as Batman actually. He was a hero of mine when I was a kid so it will be fun to hit a few around and maybe get him smiling too,’’ Lynn said.
The Heat have announced the following contracted players for BBL|08: Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Ben Cutting, Brendan Doggett, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum (int), James Pattinson, Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Alex Ross, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson
- Village Roadshow Theme Parks (VRTP), is a wholly-owned division of Village Roadshow and has its headquarters on the Gold Coast, where it operates Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet'n'Wild, Paradise Country, Australian Outback Spectacular, Topgolf and Sea World Resort & Water Park, a 402-room hotel adjacent to Sea World.
- The Brisbane Heat will play the Hobart Hurricanes on Saturday 22 December and the Sydney Sixers on New Year’s Day (Tues Jan 1 2019) at Metricon Stadium.
- The Heat have a three-year agreement with Metricon Stadium to play BBL and WBBL games at the venue, with the backing and support of the Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games, the City of Gold Coast and the Gold Coast Suns.
- Existing Heat Memberships renewals are underway now, with new Memberships available from 20 August at www.brisbaneheat.com.au
- BBL|08 moves to full Home and Away fixture with 59 matches, increased from 43 in BBL|07, and is held from Wed 19 Dec 2018 – Sun 17 Feb 2019. All matches to be broadcast across the summer on FOX SPORTS and Seven with national radio coverage through Macquarie Media and Crocmedia